You can’t have a legit BBQ without a badass potato salad. But don’t be a dick and buy that nasty shit at the store. Make this instead; it is cheap as fuck and super easy. You can even leave it in the sun for a minute and it won’t get all gross like that potatomayo nonsense they try to pass off as a salad. People don’t deserve that basic, bland shit.
FRESH HERB POTATO SALAD
1 1/2 pounds of small red or Yukon gold potatoes
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemons)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1/3 cup shredded carrot (I used 1 normal-sized carrot. Don’t try to grate baby carrots; you will fuck your hand up)
¼ cup of chopped chives (you can use green onions to save some cash)
¼ cup chopped dill
salt and pepper
Cut your potatoes in half or until they are in pieces that you can actually put in your mouth. Nobody should need a knife to eat potato salad, that shit is fucked. Boil some water in a medium pot, add a pinch of salt, and the potatoes. Boil them until you can easily stab a fork through one, like 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes. If you cook them too long they start falling apart and your salad will be a fucking mess. Set a timer if your ass is easily distracted.
While the potatoes cook, cut up the garlic into a bunch of tiny pieces. Mix together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, oil, and garlic in a small glass. Drain the potatoes and put them in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss it all together. Add the carrots, herbs, and a little salt and pepper and mix them in. Let the salad sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so that the potatoes can soak in all the flavor. If it looks dry after that then add a little more vinegar and olive oil and stir that bitch. Make this shit the day before you go somewhere and keep it in the fridge. Nobody will know the fucking difference.
Serves 4 as a side
Spicy Rice & Bean Burritos (Makes 3 burritos)
- 1 T EVOO
- 1 t chili powder
- 1-2 peppers
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 can red kidney beans
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1/3 tsp of salt (to taste)
- 1 handful of Follow Your Heart vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup salsa (chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro mixed with salt/lime juice)
- 3 large burrito tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- 2-3 T vegan sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium, heat the oil and add the peppers and chili powder, cumin, salt, water and beans for 5-6 minutes until everything is warm and the water is gone.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese, rice and salsa.
- Divide the mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla, then top with lettuce and sour cream. Roll them up good and tight, you don’t want any goodness escaping!
This can also be done without the cooking. Just add the ingredients one by one. The primary thing that needs to cook are the kidney beans with some tomato sauce. For extra spice add in jalapeno peppers (pickled ones will also do).(via thatwasvegan.com)
@RuPaulsDragRace #dragrace #TeamAlaska!
Roundup of Nine DIY Ear Cuffs I’ve posted.
- Rhinestone Ear Cuff Tutorial from Transient Expression here.
- Wire Ear Cuffs Two Ways Tutorial from Essas Frescurites here.
- Easy Earrings to Ear Cuffs Tutorial from A Matter of Style here.
- Ear Cuffs with Charms Tutorial from Hello Whimsy Blog here.
- Ear Cuff found at Little Bit Crafting using a tutorial from Cut Out + Keep here.
- Ear Cuff Tutorial form My Little Secrets here.
- Feather Charms and Chain Ear Cuff Tutorial from Prudence and Austere here.
- Ear Cuff with Chains and Beads Video Tutorial from Boat People here.
- Basic Ear Cuff (right) and then Expanded Version with Wrapped Wire Earrings (left) Tutorial from Amelia Lune here.